WordPress ranks among leading global platforms of web designing. The high success rate is attributed to its extremely simplified usage. Indeed WordPress is a wonderful blogging tool that provides us with a wide variety of features to create blogs, update themes, upload images, and to add a new contact, all within minimal possible time. Despite of its widespread usage across the globe, WordPress carries unsolved issues. Following are the key impediments worth considerable before choosing WordPress as a platform for building a website:
- Ideally suitable for Blogs: As a matter of fact, WordPress is designed for building blogs and not websites. Although WordPress has grown considerably since its inception, its applicability remains ideally suitable for sites with regular posts, and certainly not for sites that require extensive number of interconnected pages.
- Security: WordPress is marred by couple of security issues that make it vulnerable to losing sensitive information. WordPress features a log-in page for webmasters to log-in and write new content/edit existing information. While the feature is extremely user-friendly, it attracts hackers to crack password and sneak into our system.
- Spam: WordPress is highly vulnerable to excessive spam. Even with advanced spam jammers, we are likely to face oodles of spam content. Sorting excessive spam content consumes a lot of time.
- Familiarity: Generally familiarity contributes to a positive point in any platform’s usage, however, in case of WordPress; familiarity translates to ‘a very common option’ which probably we have picked up due to paucity of funds or lack of knowledge. Unless a web designing company makes a custom designed theme, which is way too pricy, our site is likely to be perceived as less impressive and unprofessional.
- Flexibility: WordPress scores relatively less in flexibility. For instance, if we want to integrate AdSense, we are required to utilize a downloadable add-on. With WordPress, all the pages of a website would automatically feature same template. Moreover, a user would not be able to create separate lists of blogs for different pages.